BASADI IN MUSIC AWARDS RULES
2023 OFFICIAL NOMINATIONS AND VOTING RULES
The following rules govern the voting process in relation to the music awards titled Basadi in Music Awards “BIMA” (herein referred to as “The Awards”). These Awards are aimed at awarding excellence by women in music in South Africa by means of a popular voting system.e. Please note that these Rules are subject to change from time to time. The change to these rules will be at the sole discretion of the administrators and managers of BIMA. The second award ceremony of BIMA will be held in Johannesburg during the month of August 2023.
Voted for Categories
- Artist of the Year
- Hip Hop artist of the year
- Gospel artist of the year
- Sofnfree Amapiano artist of the year
- Dance artist of the year
- Afro Pop artist of the year
- Jazz artist of the year
- Newcomer of the Year
- Entertainment Radio Presenter of the year
- DJ of the Year
- Pop artist of the year
- Traditional artist of the year
- Song of the year
- Music TV Show presenter of the year
- Entertainment Journalist of the year
- Social Media Influencer of the year
- Music Video of the year
- Samro Songwriter of the year
- Stylist of the year
- Entertainment radio producer of the year
- Entertainment TV producer of the year
- Collaboration of the year
- Reggae artist of the year
- Nandos Emerging artist of the year
Non voted for categories:
- Lifetime achievement award
- Humanitarian Award
- Most Streamed song on digital platform
- Highest airplay
- CEO Mosadi in Business Achievement Award
The chart below summariszes the nominations and voting periods, methods and limits. The rules are fully described below:
|Voting Window||Dates*||Voting Methods Permitted||Description||Voting Limit**|
|Open Call for nominations||19th April 2023 23:00 to 2nd June 2023.||Text||The public can nominate their favourite artist/candidate by sending a text to the official SMS line, texting the respective category code, artist/candidate name, name of the song and category code.||None|
|Voting||30 June 2023 to 31 July 2023||Text||The voters choose from among the top nominees after the expiry of the Nomination Voting Window||None|
|Eligible winners||N/A||Text||For clarity, voters will choose from the top 5 nominated artists in each category and the nominees with the most votes becomes the winner.||None|
- These awards are aimed at awarding excellence by women in music in South Africa only. For purposes of clarity, woman shall mean individuals who are identified as such and in line with the provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
- All dates and times as per the chart above are for the year 2023. The times are from 12am CAT (or such other time as may be announced by (Basadi In Music Awards).
- Employees of Basadi In Music Awards or its affiliated companies and members of their immediate families (spouses, partners, children, siblings and parents) are not eligible to vote.
- Basadi In Music Awards and/or its authorised committee may select winner(s) for additional honorary awards in certain additional regions or categories, in such instances the award(s) will not be subject to a vote, safe to say that Basadi In Music Awards will appoint a special committee to adjudicate over that award.
- Inquiries in respect of the nomination and voting process can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com.
1. Nomination and voting process, availability and limits
uring the voting windows, the public may submit votes via text to 49960.
1.1 Nomination, voting process and Limits
- The voting method will be by SMS.
- One SMS per category equals one vote.
- There is no limit to the number of votes per voter and/or per category.
- The songs eligible to be voted into any category must have been released between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023.
- The songs that are eligible must be released and available on either a digital platform or for sale as a physical copy.
- Basadi In Music Awards reserves the right to change the voting dates and/or period at any time and upon publishing the notice thereof on the appropriate platforms without necessarily having to provide the reasons for the changes thereof.
- Nominations will open for all South Africans, commencing at 23:00 CAT 19 April 2023, until Midnight CAT on 2 June 2023 (the “Nomination Window”).
- Nominations received after the closing date and time will be disqualified.
- A category will be disqualified in the event that it receives less than 3 entries.
- In the event that a category receives less than five entries, the Basadi In Music Awards selection committee reserves the right to nominate qualifying entrants.
In the case where information about a nominee cannot be established or confirmed the entry will be disqualified.
2. Voting Windows/period
2.1 Voting window
The voting periods are as outlined in the rules chart, although these rules may change from time to time at the discretion of Basadi In Music Awards (subject to prior and publication on the website and related communications platforms).
- Voting will open for all South Africans commencing on 30 June 2022.
- Voting lines will close at Midnight on 31 July.
- Each category eligible for voting will have top five (5) nominees.
- Voters can only vote via SMS.
- The total number of all consolidated valid votes carried out within the official voting period will determine the winner.
3. Cost of Vote
Each SMS will cost R2.00 (Two ZAR).
4. Selection of Winners
- The nominee who receives the highest number of valid votes in each category, as determined by Basadi In Music Awards selection committee, will be deemed the winner of that respective category.
- In the event of technical or reporting difficulties with the SMS voting line, or in the event two or more nominees receive the same number of votes such that the finalists and/or winner(s) cannot be determined, or for any other reason Basadi In Music Awards deems appropriate, the awards will announce joint winners.
- Basadi In Music Awards may appoint a special committee to preside over and declare a winner for a specific special category.
- The awards committee reserves the right to disqualify any nominee or potential winner if, at any time before or during the awards, such nominee or potential winner is subject to adverse publicity relating to such nominee’s or potential winner’s involvement in any act which is illegal, or insults or offends community moral standards or public decency and/or if such an occurrence may result in bringing the awards’ credibility to disrepute.
- The right to disqualify a nominee based on the above grounds shall at all times be at the sole discretion of Basadi In Music Awards.
- The votes will be audited by a reputable auditing firm
- Basadi in Music Awards and each of its respective direct or indirect subsidiaries, related and affiliated entities and persons, and each of their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, managers, members, contractors, and their respective successors, licensees and assigns, and any other entity involved in the development, administration, promotion, or implementation of the SMS nomination and voting process and these rules are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: difficulties, failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets) tablets and/or other devices, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless services; interrupted or unavailable networks, communication or report; traffic congestion or for any technical or other problem which may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted.
- If for any reason the nomination and/or voting is not capable of being executed as planned, or if there is an infection by a virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical or reporting failures, or if any other causes beyond the control of the awards corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this nomination and voting, BIMA reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to take any action they deem necessary and appropriate, including the withdrawal of any vote., but are in no way obligated to do so.
- The awards may, but are not obligated to, permanently disqualify any person from voting in the event where the awards believes that the person has intentionally violated these rules.
- Terminate or suspend voting at any point and declare the vote results based on the votes up to that point.
- Terminate/suspend voting it appears that the voting process has been so distorted by hacking, failures, errors or other interference that the results would not reflect actual valid votes should the voting continue.
- In the event of technical or reporting difficulties with any of the nomination and voting methods, including, but not limited to, mobile or internet service interruptions.
- in their sole discretion, reserve the right to review the votes for accuracy and to take any action they deem appropriate, including, without limitation, voiding all votes cast during the time period.
- The awards and nominees assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or voters or to any person’s phone or mobile device or other property relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials, applications or software in connection with this vote, or otherwise participating in this nomination and voting.
- The awards and nominees are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription or reporting of nomination and voting information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, for any human or electronic error, or for votes or reports that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by phone or mobile device transmissions, lost, or late.
- By participating, each individual agrees to release and hold the nominees and the awards harmless against any and all claims and liabilities of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of such individual’s participation in the nomination and voting.
- These rules are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the award committee.
- Notification regarding any such change will be published on the Basadi in Music Awards website
6. Conditions for Nominations and Voting
- By nominating or voting, a voter agrees to be bound by the official rules of the awards.
- The Awards reserve the right, for any reason and in their sole discretion without any obligation, to modify, suspend or discontinue the voting without prior notice.
- Basadi Ini Music Awards reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of this nomination and voting process at any time in their sole discretion.
7. Dispute Resolution
- These rules, and submission of your vote, are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- The venue for any dispute resolution shall be in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- If the controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by final and binding arbitration administered by judicial arbitration and mediation services in accordance with its arbitration rules and procedures or subsequent versions thereof.
- Except where prohibited, voters agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these rules or the award ceremony, including, but not limited to, the determination of the nominees, finalists, or winners, shall be resolved individually.
- Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with voting.
8. Waiver and Severability
- Basadi in Music Awards’ failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of any of the provisions of the rules.
- Should any provision in these rules be deemed void, invalid, illegal, unenforceable or inoperative, such invalid, illegal, unenforceable or inoperative section or provision shall not affect any other section or provision hereof, and the remainder of these rules shall be effective as though such void, invalid, illegal, unenforceable or inoperative section or provision had not been contained herein.
Any inquiries related to the Basadi In Music Awards /or official nomination and voting rules may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org